Thursday 6 December 2012

New to town with a made up name...

The ducks are walking on ice. They're walking on ice!!












Am I wrong to think that winter has dawned? It is apparently going to be the coldest winter in a 100 years around this part of the world. And apparently, it gets even colder in January, according to the Englishmen.

My first time seeing snow, my first time seeing snow fall from the sky, my first time touching snow. I didn't know they felt so soft and fluffy. Durham looks like heaven now that it is coated with white snow in all its icy gloriousness. It feels like a different city altogether where every single angle looks like a picture perfect opportunity, as if it wasn't already before the snow.

Its funny how anxious I'm feeling now that my last night here is tonight. What are you going to say? How are you going to react? What will you do? I have no idea what is going to happen but I've found myself in those situations so much lately it doesn't even matter anymore. As long as I get to be with you.

I'll leave all my worries and all my heartaches with me behind. Durham you've been so cold to me. No warmth in your welcome and no warmth in the state that you are, yet  I still choose you over them. I think you're trying to teach me a lesson and I'm willing to learn. But don't be too harsh on me, I'm still only so young.

So here's my goodbye to you. I didn't think I'll leave this early but I'm one lucky girl who have loving parents and so my first Christmas alone would have to be delayed further. I was never looking forward to that anyway. And I'll see you in January where I'll know a little more about myself and of you, and I'll come back in full force to try to regain my stance. I haven't lost it yet, I'm still keeping the seams close while they're trying to burst into an explosion.

But till then my excitement has not yet revealed as I first have to walk to the train station a lone figure dragging an empty suitcase down the snow capped road and up those treacherous step, then I'll be in King's Cross, then I'll be in Heathrow then I'll fly off to far far away.

I can't wait...

Taylor Swift The Lucky One


No comments:

Post a Comment