Wednesday 21 November 2012

A new start...

I am in Hogwarts, guys. I made it!

Don't tell me this doesn't ring a bell? Ron eat slugs!?
My story is long and complicated. It really is not but every story has a time and place and I am still trying to figure out where my long winded past sits. All you need to know now is that I took a huge step to be where I am now, I chose to be here, out of all the circumstances I had, I chose a tiny corner isolated from what feels like the rest of the world in a beautiful medieval town. 


Durham Cathedral
I love that the university shares this building with the town council. Something few and far between get the right to do so. Our matriculation inside was magical, like traveling back in time complete with cloaks and organ music resonating through the long hallway. 

The first time I went to the Cathedral after my matriculation to explore its grounds, I was in awe. My reaction was totally unexpected, I went crazy, suffice to say.


How can you not when such a beautiful building exist? Knowing that you somewhat belong to it now by association is a crazy thought to get my head wrapped around! I cannot believe it at all. (I love old buildings, I get not everyone does. But bare with me, I have weird obsessions.)

Score! The one snap I took was when the Cathedral volunteer happen to walk by in his cloak.
Harry Potter it is.

How can you not when what lies in front of you reminds you of good childhood times? Of watching Harry Potter being terrified by Lord Voldemort and all he was. I made it guys, I am in Hogwarts.

I now look forward to pushing boundaries and taking myself out of my comfort zone. Of possibilities that come only once in a life time and dreaming of dreams so high I may never reach them. I am here to learn and here to live with no regrets. My move represents new life and hope and new things to see, to live and to experience. I am so excited of what the future holds, terribly scared but more so excited. Because it is unknown, because I know now that nothing is going to hold me back, because I know now that I can.

PS Massive Harry Potter references, I know. I am so sorry. Also, I am a terrible photographer. I can't help it.

No comments:

Post a Comment