Friday 23 November 2012

You go talk to your friends talk to my friends talk to me...

Red. Such a simple word yet conveying such powerful emotions. According to Taylor Swift, treacherous, sad, beautiful and tragic. I think her latest album is brilliant. I think she is brilliant. 



I shamelessly (and rather proudly) say that I went out to buy her album. Not just any album, but the deluxe edition. Listening through the songs on Red, We are never ever getting back together her first single was rather deceptive of the direction of the album. If Speak Now was brimming with positivity and hope than Red is filled with sad honesty and tragic endings. Still Taylor Swift, but a lot more grown up now.

She has sixteen new songs on the CD which are State of Grace, Red, Treacherous, I Knew You Were Trouble, All Too Well, 22, I Almost Do, We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together, Stay Stay Stay, The Last Time, Holy Ground, Sad Beautiful Tragic, The Lucky One, Everything Has Changed, Starlight, Begin Again. 

The songs on the additional CD are The Moment I Knew, Come Back... Be Here, Girl At Home, Treacherous, Red and State of Grace.

She has grown so much as a musician as can be reflected in the diverse style in her songs. State of Grace is so different to her norm but it is absolutely beautiful. Then we have the more main stream pop styled songs such as We are never ever getting back together. You will not regret buying this CD if you were considering it.

My personal current favourites are State of Grace, Treacherous, Sad Beautiful Tragic, The Lucky One, Begin Again. There are all rather depressing but in them I feel you hear Taylor Swift at her most raw state. Stripped down, honest, real.

With her its all about telling a story and once again she did not disappoint. It seems rather silly but I am excited for the next release of her album. I remember feeling the same after listening to the whole album of Speak Now after a couple of times. And now that I have completed the cycle with Red, I cannot wait to see what she would be like in the next two years. 

We would just have to wait and see, I guess.

But till, then, much love...

I bought the album online from WOW HD. It was only £9.99 and they do free delivery as well. I bought it together with an ten percent discount from NUS extra so if you have one I definitely recommend getting it. Also, you should know that is an optional insurance postage fee which is about 0.75p or something. Also, it is £3.00 cheaper as compared to HMV. I did my research, as always.




No comments:

Post a Comment