Thursday 20 December 2012

If this isn't it then I don't know what is...









Who knew I'd be back so soon? Nobody...

The beauty this place held, the sun the warm air and the sand, it was too much to take in. I'm supposed to be lonely and freezing up north but instand I'm here with not a hint of winter enjoying not piling on five layers of clothes just to be able to feel. And who knew how I'd miss the gorgeous sun tanned sweat glistened washboard abs of the people that claim this place as their home. Who knew I'd be so integrated with their culture then leaving them only to realise how much I love it here. Nobody...

As I walked along the stand stone walls of the university boasting a good hundred years or so I think well you can't beat my current one... And I complain about their deficiencies like I still belong cause I do still belong right? I guess I did give up on you because I felt lacking but damn it I see now you are so beautiful with all your lush green trees and perfectly situated buildings and the river that curves around the outside of your compound. I can't believe it but I miss you and I wished I still belong.

But everything is different now. Do you even recognise me? It took double takes to believe that I am real and not just an illusion. What Durham has done to me is beyond imaginable. And its only been two months. I dreaded my return there but its just a quiver of weakness and reminiscence of the good life I had with you. I'll put that at the back of my mine now and move on. Twenty long hours of flight won't rock my boat, I won't let go of what I left for. I'm still all a little bit lost but we all are inside. 

And so it goes as I attend the most beautiful wedding I've ever attended, and stuffed my mouth with the candy provided till I felt sick at the sight and continued stuffing myself with more food knowing I won't get it in England. Then feeling so guilty promising I won't eat anymore... then failing. I don't know what to think anymore. Going across so many time zones makes your head spin round like a faulty record I guess.

Much love...

Pictures: The University of Queensland

No comments:

Post a Comment