Saturday 6 April 2013

The Odd Life of Timothy Green...




Movie description
Cindy and Jim Green are a married couple who have been desperately wanting a child and have tried their very hardest to no avail. After coming back from their last doctor appointment with disappointing news, they try to bury their dreams of having a child. Next thing you know, a boy appears and there is something different about him.

I first came across this movie and watched the trailer quite a while ago. It was one of those that at first sight seem really odd and one that I thought I would not watch ever. I could not gage what sort of movie or where the story line would go from the trailer. You would have to watch the movie to find out, and quite frankly I felt like maybe I did not want to find out. It was a bit, well, odd. But it kept coming up again and again and whenever I search for new movies and I kept re-reading the same descriptions and watching the trailers. Eventually it made it into my to-watch list. 

So one Saturday night, I was looking through my list and wondering which movie to watch. I was deciding what sort of mood I was in and decided that what the heck, I can do with not knowing what to expect. So I heat up some leftover food for dinner, made some tea, and watched The Odd Life of Timothy Green.

You know how the first few minutes of any movie kind of signals ahead to you whether the movie is good or not, well I got a good feeling at the start. So the movie follows through with Timothy appearing and how Cindy and Jim parent him. I like how the movie depicts mistakes made being parents and how not everyone is perfect and that is ok. I also cried a lot.

This is one of those movies you watch and know that stuff like that do not happen in real life. But the underlying message of family and love and the way the message is conveyed keeps your mind off all the oddities and focus on what really matters. By the end of it I was feeling all warm and melty inside and much in need of a good bear hug. It probably is not surprising that this movie is perfectly family friendly as it is a production of Disney. I think given the story that they were trying to tell, they did what they set out to do. 

So I would say if you are in the mood for some heart warming nothing too complicated stuff, then this would be the right movie. Watching this will also get your tear ducts flowing like mine so prepare some tissues nearby, though admittedly it does not take much to activate my tears. It would be great for a family night out (or in) with some popcorn, good company and a lot of love.

Would I recommend it?
Yes
How much do I rate it?
7/10
Would I watch it again?
Yes

Watch the trailer

I hope this helps. Thanks for reading :)

Love xx

No comments:

Post a Comment