Thursday 29 August 2013

Intern Diaries: What is life...

I was hoping this deep thinking phase wouldn't catch up with me while I am doing work here. The organisation I am interning for is a non profit organisation with the mission of the better good, it has been a good few weeks so far but what it has made me do is confront my purpose of life, again. 

I know by now that I am far from figuring anything out, but I thought at least I knew the general direction I want to head to. Being here has reopen the thought that life is short and I should do what I fucking want to do. I began thinking about dreams I let go and how it may never come true now since that day I told myself to look forward. That isn't all. Do I want to chase happiness and interest I know can satiate me at least while I do them, or do I want to take the hard road and fight for something I believe in, the greater good. A life guaranteeing hard work, low pay, and tough opposition from the manny people that question why you chose to do what you do. What do I want to do?

I can't answer that. Maybe it is too early for me, but I suspect I wouldn't know the answer in two years time when I do have to come out with something to convince everyone else that I know what I am doing. 

Here we go again, I feel like a monotonous tape on replay. All I want to do is sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment