Monday 9 September 2013

Intern Diaries: What am I doing...

My sister followed me on the train today to the city, she thinks I'm the most depressing person to travel with using trains. I can't disagree. I kept complaining about everything, and moaning and moaning, and moaning even more. My head and heart are clearly not into work at the moment. I think it's a hit of homesickness I'm feeling. Of all the years of my life, I've seen my family the least this year, and it has clearly affected me in my dealings with life.

I did a crazy thing the other day even though I told myself that I won't do anything that would overwhelm myself. I clearly have no respect to my self sanity. So. I signed up for FIFA 2014 World Cup as a volunteer. I know that doesn't mean anything as there is always the possibility of me not getting it, but flipping it the other way round also means that there is a possibility of getting it. 

I decided that no internship on the world would beat going to Brazil during the World Cup. Was there even a question before? God... I need to get some sense of direction. Parents, this is what happens to kids when you tell them anything is possible. Just to show you what I have in mind for summer 2014:
1. FIFA World Cup 
2. Wall Street Journal Asia internship 
3. Some other NGO internship 
These are obviously subjected to them taking me in, but you know me, I keep hoping. Always. 

Sometimes I wonder why I can't be normal...

No comments:

Post a Comment