Sunday 24 February 2013

Book haul...

Here is my collection of books so far. I have accumulated seven books in my time that I have been here and its not good because it means luggage will be heavy when I fly back home. 

Look at my dying rose :(
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
Only Time Will Tell by Jeffrey Archer 
Man and Boy by Tony Parsons

This is the permanent recidence of my books. And yes I use assorted christmas cards as my book end because I am way to cheap to get down to Waterstones to buy that lovely bookend that I have been eyeing on. Such is a life of an international student...

So I actually got these four books quite a while ago and in two batches. I have written about The Book Thief and It Started with a Kiss previously. And Insurgent I brought from home last year to read on the plane. Anyway, The Fault in Our Stars and City of Bones were two books I have been wanting to read for really long time. I was in Waterstones and both books were right in front of my eyes with "buy one get one half off" stickers on their front page that any ounce of control in me just left and I walked out the store having bought those two books. They were well worth it though.

The second two, which are Only Time Will Tell and Man and Boy I got for 1 pound. Yes, 50p EACH. It was the best deal I have ever gotten in my life! I mean its not like they were written by some obscure author. So I have absolutely no idea how it got down so cheap. If you're living in Durham, I bought them in a shop in The Gates shopping centre whose name I can never quite remember. The one next to Bon Appefeet (or however it is spelled).

So take a look at The Book Depository for any of these books as they do have the best deals available. And check out their daily offers as well cause thats where I got my copy of It Started With a Kiss under 3 pounds. If you didn't already know, delivery is absolutely free to anywhere and if you're in UK it comes really quickly. I'm sure it applies to all places but the only other place I've ordered from them was while I was in Australia and obviously no complains there as it is the other side of the world.

Hope you had a great weekend.

Love xx

No comments:

Post a Comment