Saturday 23 February 2013

It started with a kiss...

Last night (effectively two nights a go now) my friend and I walked to Maiden Castle the University's sports centre to watch the rugby semi finals of the floodlit cup. By the time the second half started snow was blistering away speedily and it got worst and worst as the night went on. And just as we thought we scored a try to even things up, it turned out that it was not. And the whistle went and it was all over. I was freezing even in layers and layers of jackets. I am totally investing in a down coat for next winter and I have got my eye on a Uniqlo one (How gorgeously warm does this one look like?).  

Anyway, look what came in the mail.


I cannot remember exactly when I bought these but I do know it was rather late and I really really wanted some books. It was not completely on impulse, but still. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak is a book I have been wanting for a really long time now. All reviews of it have been fantastic and it seems like the kind of book you would need to read before you die. I believe I paid somewhere in the region of 5 pounds which really isn't a bad bargain at all. In fact its awesome! (The offer is still as of the time I am writing this!)

The other book I bought was It Started With A Kiss by Miranda Dickinson. I used to hate chick lit but I guess tastes and preferences grow as time passes. I still do not love it but every once in a while its nice to have a light and easy read to just take the mind out of reality. And I paid peanuts for it as it was on offer that day. Like below 3 pounds, I can't really remember. I bought a third book but that is still on its way. Or, it might be sitting at the front office waiting for me to collect it.

So the Met Office forecasts cold freaking weather for the next weak in England, as if it wasn't already killer cold for the past 3 months. I could have sworn that spring was on its way when a few flowers were starting to bloom. But then I woke up this morning to a really white scene outside my window. I guess I'll just have to brave the cold winter for hopefully what's left of February. But til then, I will try to stay strong.

Thanks for reading!

Love xx

ps watching Confessions of a Shopaholic for the millionth time craving for super super sweet desserts.


No comments:

Post a Comment