Friday 15 March 2013

City of Bones...


Fantasy is my favourite genre. But for some reason I felt like if I read this when I was 15 I would be in love with this book as oppose to what I feel now, which is rather subdued satisfaction. I remember reading somewhere that this book had vampires and after all the diamond shining skins of Twilight's vampires I had enough. But promise, this is nothing like that. In fact there is hardly any importance to the vampires here, at least in the first book.

I guess the fact that its a whole series of books put me off buying it. I thought I would be desperate to get my hands on the next book after finishing this book, but I did not. I will eventually, there's just no urgent desire for it.

I quite like the story and certainly want to know what happens next. I don't really know what to say without giving too much away since my biggest impression of the book is basically the whole point of the book. So I won't say much at all. 

It was a good read, didn't bore me to death and was definitely exciting at certain points. I'd definitely recommend it as a read but if you're a little older (or if you see yourself as more mature), passing on it wouldn't be like missing a momentous life event or anything like that. Overall it was pretty enjoyable.

Would I recommend this book?
Yes
How much do I rate this book?
3.5/5
Will I read other works from this author?
Yes 

You can always get your copy of The City of Bones from The Book Depository.

Thanks for reading! Hope you have a lovely Easter :)

Love xx

No comments:

Post a Comment