Tuesday 5 March 2013

Time turns flame to embers...



I'm thinking back to a few short months before when I arrived here in England anything but fresh faced. I was convinced I have seen most of what life could be, or at least most of what uni life would be. But I was wrong. I challenged my old views and put myself out there trying new things knowingly placing myself in positions of vulnerability. And I got hurt by it. In those weeks it didn't seem like I will ever move forward from them but instead will harbour them as scars deep in the corner in my mind. But  it hasn't been like that. I've move on and a long way too. I no longer care about the thorns that pierced me but instead have been grateful for the lesson learnt.

I guess its through hardships that we grow. Its through pain and suffering that we learn. I'm glad I've pushed myself cause I feel that I know so much more than I did before. I feel so unstoppable in the things that I can do and the choices that I can make. Life is like an open window waiting for you to take the jump out of the hole and into the unknown. Maybe you'll fall and get hurt but its never too much to pick yourself up and move on.

My lesson that I have yet to learn is to realise that nobody is perfect and that everyone has their flaws, including myself. I can't expect people to be a certain way just because I am, and I can't expect myself to be a certain way just because others are.

Life is a whirlwind for me right now. A roller coaster that travels way too fast and I'm sitted right in front screaming my lungs out. I know I'm a few days late, but here's to a good month ahead.

Love xx

Taylor Swift, Innocent

No comments:

Post a Comment