Thursday 15 August 2013

Intern Diaries: I need to sleep...

The office I'm interning at has incredibly high security. Coming in at ground floor, we as interns need to show our identification to be able to enter the lifts. That's fine, totally understandable. Going up tens of stories up to the level where the office is at, a tag is needed to enter the office proximity. Still completely logical. Going from the general area into the working area also requires tapping of the tag. This is where it all gets a little funny. You also need the tag to enter the toilets (meaning tapping out from work area into general area and tapping from general area into toilets). Interns do not get these tags. I made the mistake of taking in way too much water at one time and found myself in desperate need of a tag. But no one with a tag was around! Plus, the only possible choice I had was from someone I borrowed not too long ago to (surprise surprise) relieve my bladder. 

I ran out of the working area and nearly crashed into the toilet doors missing it. Thankfully, the lady who went in just a second earlier figured it was probably an intern-me. She was absolutely right and also a saviour to my suffering. Oh Lord, I think they should assign interns tags. Not necessarily to each one, but at least one for the whole group. 

Its like a trade off, hydration or toilet visits. Oh well, valuation here we go again. :)

On another note, I shall make sure I sleep before 12am no matter what stupid excuse I come up with i.e. this show is really interesting, the bedroom's too far, I'm too lazy (to go to sleep, yes)... I always regret sleeping late the next day. I never learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment