Tuesday 6 August 2013

Iron King...

I've read quite a few books revolving around faeries and a lot of the reviews from other people claim that so far this book is the best out of the lot. I wouldn't go so far as to say it is the best, but certainly near the top and  extremely interesting.

I wanted to read this book because these days a lot of teen/youngish adult books are all dystopian, and though they're all really interesting, my favourite will always be the good old fantasy world (i.e. witches and wizards, dragons, dwarves, magic, elves. Faeries included). And so far, there has not been any faeirie series that I've been really keen on. The one I got the farthest was the Wicked Lovely series by Melissa Marr and I think I got to the third or fourth book before I just couldn't go on anymore. So with Iron King, I really didn't have much expectations since faerie books have tended to disappoint.

Megan Chase is the main character and describes herself as a rather unmemorable girl. This is quite different from other faerie books as the main characters are always seriously beautiful. Although, you'll find out a whole lot more later into the book. As usual an adventure unfolds and she finds out more about herself and things start to make sense, and as usual again she is left to make a life changing choice.

The characters in the book are really interesting and I will avoid going further into it because halfway through the book I read some reviews (why?) and kind of spoiled a little of the surprise for myself. And I hate spoilers.

I did feel at some point that once again I find that I may possibly be a little too old for these books though I'm not sure if it is me or the way the book is written. I sure hope its the book. But even with that, I really enjoyed the book and once I finished wanted to buy all the rest of the books in the series so I can read all about it. Also, there is a accompanying series with Ethan Chase Megan's brother as the main character and I wanted to get that too. I think that's a pretty good mark of a good book.

Overall the book is really interesting and I think I kind of love it. If you love the faerie world and have yet to find the one that really satisfies your needs, give this a try. If you have however, oh please do tell me which one. 

Buy from:


Would I recommend this book?
Yes!
How much do I rate this book?
4.5/5
Would I read other works by this author?
Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment